Join us in celebrating our 10th year! [ycd_countdown id=4835]
We love independent film and independent filmmakers.
Support Independent Voices!PORTLAND FILM FESTIVAL
Established in 2013 as a non-profit, we have provided both entertaining and educational opportunities to the public.PORTLAND FILM FESTIVAL
There are 2 things that are required to keep our Festival powered & running: Portland’s good coffee and our great volunteers.PORTLAND FILM FESTIVAL
- Free-to-Attend Directors Chats Include Daily Discussions with Rising Stars of Indie FilmListen to the directors representing the day’s films talk about their experiences making movies and working in the film industry. Includes free pastries and coffee. Don’t miss out on the daily Directors Chats with visiting talent from around the world, held daily at 11:00 am at the Festival Headquarters located at 1105 NW Lovejoy Street.
- The Simpsons’ Voiceover Talent of Milhouse Features in Opening Night DocumentaryPortland’s most popular TV show with 34 seasons, The Simpsons, has deep connections with the city as the hometown of series creator Matt Groening. Opening Night of the Portland Film Festival includes the documentary Jailhouse to Milhouse, Friday, October 13th, at 4:30 PM in Portland’s friendliest theater, McMenamin’s Kennedy School.
- The Scariest Filmmakers in Indie Film Storm Portland Elementary School in Friday 13th CelebrationMcMenamin’s Kennedy School hosts emerging horror directors screening Friday, October 13th at 10:30 pm, following a special screening of the cult-classic Friday the 13th and Opening Night Documentary about The Simpsons voice talent, Jailhouse to Milhouse.
- Rising Voices in Independent Film—Meet the Talented Directors of Indie Film October 12thThe future of independent film starts October 12th in Portland, Oregon. Eighty films by some of the most talented storytellers working in independent cinema today will be screened at the 2023 Portland Film Festival presented by Comcast, October 12-16.
- Howl in the night! Join the Pack on October 11th at 8 pm on the Tilikum CrossingAttention all Portlanders. Come Howl at the moon! The first 100 howlers get a unique limited edition t-shirt. Join the pack. The free event marks the opening of Portland’s Halloween season and celebrates all the storytellers arriving in Portland for the upcoming Portland Film Festival, October 12-16.